Thursday, September 03, 2009

the climb

ryan and i have loaded into the hooptie about 1000 pounds of this gorgeous sandstone. it doesn't look like that much, but it is, sister...i have the back pains to prove it!

the wall...it's drop dead gorgeous! hubs did a fab job on it! i just loaded and unloaded. that was my job...he did all the puzzle piecing and well, made it look good.
who knew it was gonna be way more than jsut making things look good?!
sofia loves the wall...she walks on it like a tight rope walker.

when it's time to step off, she studies...
...and contemplates and plans and then, she makes the move.

i think miley cyrus has something...it is in the climb.
"There's always going to be another mountain.
I'm always going to want to make it move.
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes you going to have to lose.
Ain't about how fast I get there.
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side.

It's the climb.

Keep on moving
Keep climbing
Keep the faith baby
It's all about
The climb"praying every day that my girlies have the faith to keep on moving...oh how quickly they do grow!

11 comments:

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

For Sofia, that's a huge climb but she masters it like a pro. The fencing is beautiful. You both did a wonderful job.

Carrie said...

Oh geez! She's grown so much since I last read your blog!

Never thought I'd say this, but I love a Miley Cyrus song! It's a great tune!

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Oh, it is beautiful!

He & Me + 3 said...

Love the wall and yes it is about the climb...there is always gonna be one and we have to keep climbing.

J and J Acres said...

I love the picture of her thinking really hard about getting down. hee hee.

I've heard a lot of people comment that they like Miley Cyrus' song The Climb.

Jen said...

Oh I love the metaphor that is this post. Awesome!

Brandy said...

Another Miley reference huh? Someone is a fan! I can totally tell. :)

The wall is gorgeous, but the kiddo is by far the most beautiful subject in those pictures.

Meaghan said...

she looks SO much older!!! still no hair! just like brookie ;-)

Over-Caffeinated X 4 said...

Gorgeous!

Pam said...

great work!! so nice of you to create that play area for sof!

Megan said...

Love this post! So perfectly said and so true!! Thanks!! =)

And of course, I love the photos too! =D