Skip to main content

not me monday

a few things me and the fam DID NOT do this week...

while at the chiropractor's office, paige DID NOT keep asking brooke, "what other things don't you know on the body chart?" trying to get her to ask me all about the not girl parts...i was NOT flipping out and giving paige the evil eye...she was NOT laughing her butt off.
i DID NOT work out with my trainer after 2 years...i can not believe i just said that out loud...anyway, i DID NOT almost die when i saw my body fat percentage. i DID NOT sweat like a flipping pig...and my legs were NOT even sweating. the next day, every strand of every muscle in my body DID NOT hurt to just move.

brooke and sofia DID NOT eat a donut next to me while i worked out with my trainer...and i DID NOT get a tall coffee before because my bod could not function.jada DID NOT say 'when I get big I will marry daddy because i wouldn't want to marry a stranger. that would be dangerous.'

sofia DID NOT meet all her goals and requirements for OT and PT from first steps. she DID NOT have her last sessions this week with miss wendy and miss lindsay...and i totally DID NOT almost cry thinking about not seeing my OT/PT friends once a week.
we DID NOT take p to the chiropractor and find a 7 degree curve in her spine...i am NOT grateful we found it early and NOT sad that she has scoleosis at the same time.

brooke DID NOT tell ryan while seeing the t-mobile "marketing plan" commercial with katherine zeta jones..."you never answer the door for weird men in suits, but only for pretty women."

my hubs DID NOT come home from a quick trip to the store with a new golf club...i DID NOT get upset bc it wasn't budgeted...and i am NOT getting over it. i also do NOT plan to do a little "revenge" later...

sofia DID NOT get "returned" from the church nursery staff, again, with deep red and swollen eyes, huffing and puffing!

i DID NOT get the pick up time wrong on jada's first day of preschool...i DID NOT pick her up an hour late, which DID NOT result in miss jada having lunch with her teachers. i DID NOT feel like a total loser mom...and jada DID NOT ask if she could stay late every day to eat with her teachers every day.

brooke DID NOT learn to ride her bike with no training whells in less than 3 hours!

i DID NOT get 5 days of cardio in this week!!!!

Comments

He & Me + 3 said…
Good for you and all that exercise. I so need to start that again. ARRR.
Too funny that Jada is gonna marry her dad instead of a stranger. She cracks me up.
My oldest one has a slight curve too. WE caught it early as well.
Way to go on the bike riding, that didn't take her long at all. Good job Brooke!
GypsiAdventure said…
Wow lady - you go! The cardio/trainer sounds awesome and congrats to B for learning to ride with no training wheels! Isn't it amazing how quick they pick up on stuff??

Hope you have another fun filled & wonderful week!
~K
Jen said…
Yeah Brooke and the bike, I sure wish she could talk to Hayden and tell him how cool it is to ride a bike. He won't touch his.
Jennifer P. said…
I was having a hard time reading this post since I"m dancing to Harry Connick :).

Good luck on getting back in with the trainer though--it gets easier and easier!
Liz Mays said…
I'm glad you found the spine curvature early. My niece has that but it's much more severe. Oddly enough, she's a dancer and she refuses to do the treatment. I hope she doesn't have back or hip issues later because she's not treating it.

Good for you on getting after it. And yay on the workout. I started recently too and I know exactly what you're feeling with the pain!
Blake said…
YOu have a hectic (sp?) life. Come on up for a quiet time.
Jenni said…
Even my fingernails sweat when I work out. I am gross.

Popular posts from this blog

random acts...GNO

over at GNO, there's a few of us who decided to challenge ourselves last week to perform a random act of kindness.   i talked with my girls and hubs about what we could do... we reserve some funds each month out of our giving to put towards a current or urgent need that we find.  i think it's important to let the kids see how we give as family...and they should be part of that decision too . as we were talking, and eating chinese...come on, you know there would be eating...i open my fortune cookie.  and this is it!! i was out getting a few minutes of alone time and decided to pay hubs forward by getting jiffy lube to do the oil change.  while i was there, i remembered how hard it was being a single mom.  i remembered that the little things, like oil changes, suddenly became bigger things and honestly, more expensive things.  *light bulb!!!* thomas rang me up for my oil change and asked if they had any scheduled appointments that i could pay for.  he looked at me a little odd...

sadness

on the way home from DD {{bc apparently there was NO preschool today for jk...it's no prob, really...we just rushed around and scrambled and got in the car and then when we got there and there was no school...well, there were tears...thus DD}} , there came a moment of sincere sadness in my heart. jk: " mommy, i want to look like brookie" "why sweetie? you are the perfect jada" jk: "i don't like my brown skin. i want peach skin like brookie" i just sank. does that not make ur heart want to break? a 3 yo is struggling already with her skin being different. then, this happened: brooke: "jada, god made you and he loves you. he does it all right the very first time" then, i think my heart grew three sizes . jada threw a big smile up on her face and said, "ok. god loves me" now, if we all could just do that. god loves us...he doesn't make mistakes...he makes perfect works of art. sometimes there are scratches in the art.

tuesday tribute---for tuesday

go blog yourself has been on my reading list for quite sometime...and so i really came to love little tuesday whitt and her whole sweet fam and became involved in praying for them in tuesday's battle with that stinky neuroblastoma . tuesday's parents are totally amazing...they inspire me! although tuesday went to play with jesus not so long ago, there have been so many people that are changed because of the courage and strength and honesty of the whitt family. on the day of celebration of tuesday's life, a number of folks who couldn't make it out to the funeral, took their kids on a 'wagie ride', which was one of tuesday's fav things. we all posted up our pics...shared our experiences with each other...and hugged our kiddos a little tighter. my kiddos wagie ride is here . from that precious little tuesday and her honorary wagie ride, a blog spawned...of course...and it is dedicated to nothing more than, in their words, "to keep track of lives touc