Thursday, June 18, 2009

praying...and making lemonade

grandma daisy...one of THE most precious women in the world, had emergency surgery today...to amputate her left leg...the only one she had left.
we packed up and headed out yesterday afternoon...so we could see her and spend time with her before hand.
in the midst of major surgery, at 96 years old, grandma is the uplifter. she always smiles. always loves. always encourages.

last night, before she went to bed, she waved her toes and said, "my toes are waving goodbye. i bet you've never had that happen before."

that's a woman. a woman who is totally awesome and passionate about her lord, her savior and her god, jesus. you'd think in the light of losign both your legs in a year and moving into a nursing home, she would be down...not her. she's making lemonade, sister!!!
in the nursing home, she has a bible study and snack time in her room with her friends...no moping here! so grab the lemons, and get squeezing!

{{grandma daisy came through surgery...and we're all waiting to see her.
thanks for your prayers.}}

24 comments:

Jen said...

yeah what an great answer to prayer. i hope that she has a speedy recovery.

Whimsical Creations said...

Thoughts and prayers! Sounds like a sweet woman.

The Blonde Duck said...

What a fabulous woman.

amy said...

aren't grandmoms the best? so glad to hear everything's going good. keep us updated.

Elizabeth said...

What a great grandmother you have. My prayers are with her and her doctors and the rest of your family.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

She sounds like a wonderful, sweet lady. I am selfish because I whine over not having the time to paint my toenails and here she is using her toes to wave goodbye.

I hope she gets well really fast!

LenaLoo said...

Sounds like an amazing woman! We could probably all take a page out of her book huh?

3 Bay B Chicks said...

If Grandma Daisy can, then so can I. This was the pick-me-up that I needed today.

Thank you.

-Francesca

Grand Pooba said...

Oh my gosh! What a shining example for the rest of us! I can't even imagine going through that and having her attitude about it!

Tabitha@ichoosebliss said...

I'm so joyful that your grandma is well. I'm very inspired by her spirit. :)

Meredith said...

So glad to hear surgery went well. She sounds amazing!

Megan said...

What a sweet Gma! I'm so glad surgery went well. Lots of prayers for a quick healing.

He And Me + 3 said...

What a woman. She is so strong in her faith. So glad she is doing well. what an encouragement to us all.

Angie said...

Wow. Your Grandma is amazing. The matriarch of the family must always stay in character. The week my Grandma died in January, she was comforting us all. She couldn't take a break from being so lovely.

I am so glad you have an awesome Grandma like I did. Praise God for her coming out OK!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I think they have all said it best~ what a lucky woman you are to have her in your life.

BoufMom9 said...

Wow. She sounds like an incredible woman that you are very blessed to know and love.

Will keep her in my prayers that all goes successfully.

Blessings

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Awww, I'm all teary now! What a strong woman. I love that she was able to joke about it. I'm so glad she came through surgery, and I hope she recovers as quickly and pain-free as possible!!
xoxoxo to all of you! xoxoxo

Lisa (Jonny's Mommy) said...

She sounds great! I hope she can recover well....what a lesson we can all learn from her.

Mandy said...

Love how she waved her toes! That is so cute. Glad to hear she came out of surgery well!

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

Wow God Bless!!!!!!!!!

Kel said...

Lots of prayer and love going out to your family!
~K

Meaghan said...

wish we could have been there too :-( kiss daisy for me, and her namesake!

Debbie said...

What a great person your Grandma Daisy must be. She will be in my prayers.

Lindsay said...

Wow - she really does sound like an amazing woman! And what a testimony! Prayers your/her way.