Thursday, June 25, 2009

poser

my convo with jada outside earlier...

j: "mom...take a picture of this. i look soooo beautiful."
me: "u got it. u are so beautiful. what makes you so beautiful?"
j: "hmmmm. well, i can do yoga. see? oh, take a picture of this too."
me: "so what makes you so beautiful?"
j: "my brown skin. it's so, well, brown and stuff. it's silky and it's kinda like chocolate. you like chocolate, mommy."
me: "yes, i do like chocolate. and YOU are what makes you so beautiful, baby girl."
to quote my fav nicole c. mullen...
and that girl can sing, ya'all!!!

"Baby girl, don't you know your wealth?
you're a diamond hiding on a shelf!!
baby girl
baby girl
baby girl, dont you know who you are?
God has made you a shining star!
a little light is brighter than the dark
baby girl
baby girl"

15 comments:

Tabitha@ichoosebliss said...

Miss J is indeed a beautiful child. I smile every time I see her photo. :)

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

She is a diamond, that's for sure. I also love Nicole C. Mullen.

Jada is gorgeous and her skin is chocolatey! :)

Samantha said...

Absolutely precious. I hope she always knows how beautiful she is, inside and out.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

I just want to eat her up!

Karen said...

Love, love, love that she loves her silky chocolate beautiful brown skin.

He And Me + 3 said...

She is just gorgeous!

monica said...

Very pretty! Stopping in from SITS to say Hi!

les_mason_curt said...

i love this... she is beautiful, it is so wonderful that she knows it. So many parents, i think, forget to instill that in their kiddos...

Jen said...

a true beauty!

Yaya said...

'it's so like brown and stuff' that is adorable!!!!!!!!!

Megan said...

So sassy. So beautiful. So full of character!

WackyMummy said...

That's beautiful. I hope nothing ever makes her feel un-beautiful. She's the sweetest thing! =)

Kel said...

She's precious...a real beauty!
~K

Keri said...

Such a precious and beautiful little girl!

Christie-A Work In Progress said...

I always love your conversations with Jada! She is so wonderful and wise!