Skip to main content

not me monday

a few things me and the fam DID NOT do this week...

paige DID NOT go to her semi formal on friday...and krystal DID NOT do her hair. and as i was sitting there watching, i DID NOT get a glimpse into the future of a bride. i was NOT a little seepy weepy.
jada DID NOT come runing out of preschool on her last day very proud yelling, "i did NOT hit anybody today, mommy. are you proud of me?"

on the last day of preschool, b, jk and s DID NOT have a picnic in the front yard celebrating the end of the school year.
my girlies DID NOT buy my a gallon of chocolate ice cream with brownies for mother's day bc brooke said that it was my most fav thing in the whole world and i deserved some ice cream in bed! {what a kid!}

ryan DID NOT walk completely through the screen door while talking on a fairly serious phone call. i DID NOT bust a stinking gut laughing out loud and almost peed myself.

ryan DID NOT take off work to take b on her field trip on friday to the train museum and train ride. when me and the girls met up with the group at lunch at the park, all the mom's were not "oozing" with "what a great dad" and amazement of my super fab hubs!!!

p DID NOT get her nwea testing complete and made honors geometry...in addition to the honors bio/chem and honors english...to which i am in awe! what a kid.

jada DID NOT get a sad, droopy face on sunday when she wanted to be "all pink" and not have just a pink dress, shoes, and hair bows, bc being "all pink" would be just soooo much prettier!

sofia said "eeee wooooooovvvvvvv uuuuooooo" {i love you} this week to me and seal it with a big fat messy tongue lick to the face.
b is NOT trying to put a diaper on sofie right now bc she thinks she the other mother in the house...and i am not giggling and wishing there were more help here too!

the "tuesday whitt blog party" this last week, DID NOT raise $2280 from great folks like you...and there are NOT a few more things you should def check out...so see my posts below for some links!!!

head over to mck mama's and see what others are NOT doing!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love all your posts, butt Monday is def my fav. :)
Kacey said…
Yeah! Sweet girlie pies, sweet hubster, and I SO hope you enjoyed that ice cream in bed.

Congrats on all the great things going on.

And I did NOT bust out laughing when I read about Ryan and the screen door fiasco. That is HILARIOUS...I mean, if that happened, it would have been sooooooo funny. ;D
Melissa said…
haha! That was funny about your hubby walking through the screen door. Totally NMM worthy!
Aww...I totally understand about "glimpses in the future". Paige looked beautiful! Sounds like you a wonderful hubby and very sweet kids who did such nice things for you on Mother's Day!

Just an fyi- I finally added you to my blogroll!
Meredith said…
Oh. Paige looks beautiful!! And I can't believe your girlies are already done with preschool for the year. You guys get done early!

Love all your not me's and especially love that B wanted to get you chocolate ice cream and brownies for Mother's day. That's the best!!
He & Me + 3 said…
Paige is beautiful! Model ran into the screen door a few weeks ago and I about lost it cracking up. So funny.
Love that hubs took B too her field trip. How sweet. YOur family is so cute.
Anonymous said…
It sounds like you so did not have a good week! Or Mother's Day! I love visiting your blog on Monday!!
Angela
Jen said…
your girlies are just so beautiful!
Jenni said…
Brownies and chocolate ice cream is seriously the most awesome treat EVER! YUM!
Michelle said…
Your "not me" posts crack me up! Such beautiful pictures of your girls; you are so blessed!
Ice cream and brownies....now that's a great Mother's Day!

Your Not Me Monday posts are always fantastic!

Your photos are beautiful!
GypsiAdventure said…
The last photo is just precious!! Sounds like a wonderful weekend!!
~K
Mommynightowl said…
hilarious!

Those are my kinda kids. Ice cream in bed!

I would have laughed too at someone walking through a screen door. I mean "someone" because anyone walking through a screen door is funny.

AWWW Sofia is so adorable
Lindsay said…
Seriously. What is it about people (men) walking through/into screen/glass doors that makes us all wet our pants?! I can picture it now.....LOL!
SO CUTE. Those kids of yours are PRECIOUS.
Carrie said…
Holey crow, that picnic pic is SO awesome!! I WOULD have peed my pants if I'd seen your hubs walk through the screen door!!!
Megan said…
Awww Paige looks so pretty all done up for her semi-formal. Hopefully you've got a few more years before a wedding is in your future though. lol ;0P

Oh Jada! She is HILARIOUS!

Love the picnic. Adorable!

Ice cream. Mmmm...

So, did Ryan say anything about walking through the screen on the door to whoever he was talking to? LOL

I bet all the kids loved having a dad on their field trip. So fun!

Wow! Congrats to Paige on making honors in all those classes!

Aww, sofie starting to talk. So sweet!

Congrats on all the funds raised! Awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

random acts...GNO

over at GNO, there's a few of us who decided to challenge ourselves last week to perform a random act of kindness.   i talked with my girls and hubs about what we could do... we reserve some funds each month out of our giving to put towards a current or urgent need that we find.  i think it's important to let the kids see how we give as family...and they should be part of that decision too . as we were talking, and eating chinese...come on, you know there would be eating...i open my fortune cookie.  and this is it!! i was out getting a few minutes of alone time and decided to pay hubs forward by getting jiffy lube to do the oil change.  while i was there, i remembered how hard it was being a single mom.  i remembered that the little things, like oil changes, suddenly became bigger things and honestly, more expensive things.  *light bulb!!!* thomas rang me up for my oil change and asked if they had any scheduled appointments that i could pay for.  he looked at me a little odd...

sadness

on the way home from DD {{bc apparently there was NO preschool today for jk...it's no prob, really...we just rushed around and scrambled and got in the car and then when we got there and there was no school...well, there were tears...thus DD}} , there came a moment of sincere sadness in my heart. jk: " mommy, i want to look like brookie" "why sweetie? you are the perfect jada" jk: "i don't like my brown skin. i want peach skin like brookie" i just sank. does that not make ur heart want to break? a 3 yo is struggling already with her skin being different. then, this happened: brooke: "jada, god made you and he loves you. he does it all right the very first time" then, i think my heart grew three sizes . jada threw a big smile up on her face and said, "ok. god loves me" now, if we all could just do that. god loves us...he doesn't make mistakes...he makes perfect works of art. sometimes there are scratches in the art.

tuesday tribute---for tuesday

go blog yourself has been on my reading list for quite sometime...and so i really came to love little tuesday whitt and her whole sweet fam and became involved in praying for them in tuesday's battle with that stinky neuroblastoma . tuesday's parents are totally amazing...they inspire me! although tuesday went to play with jesus not so long ago, there have been so many people that are changed because of the courage and strength and honesty of the whitt family. on the day of celebration of tuesday's life, a number of folks who couldn't make it out to the funeral, took their kids on a 'wagie ride', which was one of tuesday's fav things. we all posted up our pics...shared our experiences with each other...and hugged our kiddos a little tighter. my kiddos wagie ride is here . from that precious little tuesday and her honorary wagie ride, a blog spawned...of course...and it is dedicated to nothing more than, in their words, "to keep track of lives touc