Skip to main content

not me monday

a few things me and the fam did NOT do this week...

while in kansas city, mo in the rental car, we DID NOT listen to the "never lost" nav system and got completely and totally lost and ended up in kansas.

my paige DID NOT get her HS schedule...and i DID NOT almost pass out seeing her name next to "freshman" and the words "high school".

scott and jackie DID NOT get married on saturday and have a super fab reception. we DID NOT dance like crazy nuts and have a total blast! ryan and sofia DID NOT dance together...and i DID NOT think it was one of the sweetest things on the earth!

brooke DID NOT tell her bus driver that she was not to come and
pick her up on thursday as she was going to her nana's house. when i reported that was not true, brooke huffed with disgust and went inside. when i read her notebook shortly thereafter, miss rita DID NOT write a note asking if brooke was in fact not going to school. when i asked b, she said, "well, i don't want to go to school and i handled it myself."

i am NOT having a week full of ultra fab giveaways to raise money for childhood cancer research...so go on to the giveaway, every day...and make a difference in the meantime.

hubs DID NOT send me to a spa before the wedding for a nice spa pedicure...what a man!!

hubs DID NOT snap the cutest shot ever of miss jada while washing her hair for me one night.

my FIL DID NOT preach the wedding sermon on the whore gomer...

sofie DID NOT entertain the dickens out of everyone, everywhere all weekend long. we DID NOT hear over and over how precious and smiley she is...and we were NOT full of delight and pride for her.

it is NOT my brother, matthew's bday today...and if he were still here on earth, he would be 38 years old.

and to break the scheme...stellan is REALLY home. seriously.
keep right on praying for him and all those other kiddos fighting hard.

head to mck mama's for more NOT me's...

Comments

My oldest will be a JUNIOR in HS next year. A JUNIOR!! HELP!!
LOVE that pic of Daddy and Sofia dancing. Precious!
GypsiAdventure said…
Oh wow..what wonderful fun! I'm so glad you guys had a fab trip.

I DID NOT enjoy my weekend and wake up today feeling refreshed!
Karen said…
My goodness, that Brooke just cracks me up.
Unknown said…
tell me ralph didn't do that...
He & Me + 3 said…
Sofia is the smiliest baby. Love that picture of her and daddy and you with her. You look like a Rock Star. Very pretty.
Jen said…
it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend and a pedicure, I am so jealous.
Anonymous said…
My Jo (Princess Charlie) will be a freshman in Aug as well and I am like "No Way!"

your pictures always make me smile!!
Sofia dancing and smiling would've made the whole weekend, even without all of the other good things going on.

I hope today is a sweet remembrance day for your brother, Matthew.
Carrie said…
There is so much cuteness going on in this post! Such great pics!!!!

The only thing missing is a picture of Miss Sassypants. But the story MORE than makes up for it!
Lindsay said…
You got lost using a navigation system....now that's a first! LOL!

Popular posts from this blog

random acts...GNO

over at GNO, there's a few of us who decided to challenge ourselves last week to perform a random act of kindness.   i talked with my girls and hubs about what we could do... we reserve some funds each month out of our giving to put towards a current or urgent need that we find.  i think it's important to let the kids see how we give as family...and they should be part of that decision too . as we were talking, and eating chinese...come on, you know there would be eating...i open my fortune cookie.  and this is it!! i was out getting a few minutes of alone time and decided to pay hubs forward by getting jiffy lube to do the oil change.  while i was there, i remembered how hard it was being a single mom.  i remembered that the little things, like oil changes, suddenly became bigger things and honestly, more expensive things.  *light bulb!!!* thomas rang me up for my oil change and asked if they had any scheduled appointments that i could pay for.  he looked at me a little odd...

sadness

on the way home from DD {{bc apparently there was NO preschool today for jk...it's no prob, really...we just rushed around and scrambled and got in the car and then when we got there and there was no school...well, there were tears...thus DD}} , there came a moment of sincere sadness in my heart. jk: " mommy, i want to look like brookie" "why sweetie? you are the perfect jada" jk: "i don't like my brown skin. i want peach skin like brookie" i just sank. does that not make ur heart want to break? a 3 yo is struggling already with her skin being different. then, this happened: brooke: "jada, god made you and he loves you. he does it all right the very first time" then, i think my heart grew three sizes . jada threw a big smile up on her face and said, "ok. god loves me" now, if we all could just do that. god loves us...he doesn't make mistakes...he makes perfect works of art. sometimes there are scratches in the art.
So, it's been a while since i posted...years, in fact.  I stumbled upon to an old post and thought, I need to write more.  So here we are now... My family looks completely different and times are different, but we are still just the same people.  We've added one...P got married 2 years ago and now we have A.  I will talk more about that later.  But isn't our pic soooo cute?   For now, life is crazy and wild and sometimes completely unpredictable, but we are still praying and playing together.  Ryan and I are on our 21st year of marriage (woot woot), and the kids are well, old!  P is 25 and happily married to A, and they are celebrating 2 years next month.   B is a junior,  has a job and is blowing our minds with all she is achieving in this world, and she's one of the funniest kids on the planet.  She's grown an amazing amount in all her therapies and in life in general...she's an advocate for all who struggle, and autism does not define her...she defines hersel