Friday, March 06, 2009

mr. tree and his friends

sofia loves to stare out at the trees...we have waved to them and talked to them since she was born. in fact, when she was really upset, the tree in the front yard, mr. tree, was one of the best calmers.

so when i realized that my baby was able to get over to the window (in her 22" of height) and go see mr. backyard big tree and his mr. little tree friends, it hit me...she's really getting bigger. and, if i blink...i just might miss something.

sofia has been a miracle from the very beginning...i was infertile, did i mention that? yep. thought i had mono..but my eggo was el prego...with my little miracle sofie! there's a whole bunch of other things...but my body was not a good incubator. it was preeclamptic, diabetic, hypertensive and well, a little old.

then the poor thing was a whopping 3lbs 10 oz at birth, IUGR and a preemie...and somehow, she came out strong and fighting...and required a less than 2 week NICU stay...because she LOVED to eat. hmmmm...i wonder who she gets that from?

my sweet little princess...knows exactly what she wants, how she wants it and when she wants it. she's def like her sisters...more precious than diamonds and more costly than gold. and she is def growing up...for which i am so glad and so proud...and still a bit in awe.


PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


28 comments:

Lolli said...

What a sweet little miracle!

DysFUNctional Mom said...

What a wonderful story!

Abby said...

Love that serious look on her face!

Wonder how many adoptive moms end up preggers? Seems like I have heard this happen quite a few times within our adoption groups.

You have a beautiful family and it is so lovely to see you living in the now and appreciating each and every blessing!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

A lovely, lovely tribute to your beautiful daughter.

By far my most favorite post from you yet.

Thanks for sharing this little glimpse into your family.

-Francesca

He And Me + 3 said...

cute picture of miss sofia. She is precious and you can tell she knows what she wants...that is a very good thing:) I didn't know that about her pregnancy. God is so good! Just look at that little miracle:)

lmt1073 said...

isn't it amazing how things happen? she's truly a miracle and truly beautiful... just like her big sisters and mommy!!!

Complicated Mama said...

Eventhough I already tweeted my comment earlier.. I wanted to go on your comment record as saying...

I heart your daughter's name.. My lil Delaina girl was almost a Delaina Sophia... but then I had a dream telling me to name her Grace.. and welll..... thats a whole other wacked out story -but im sure you arent surprised lol

Kids really do grow up too fast.. its bitter sweet.

Speaking of kids growing up too fast-- gotta get Laina' gurl ready for her 6 mo check up... 6mo? Really? how?!?

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

Geez, all your kids are adorable. Broom dancers, window starers... adorable brown eyes.. you are a lucky mama!

Mandy said...

She is a sweetie and a beauty.

J and J Acres said...

Aww... she's such a cutie. And if she inherited one thing from you- at least it was your love of eating!

Jessica said...

She gorgeous! I'm so glad everything worked out for your family.

les_mason_curt said...

she is adorable... thanks for your sweet comments.. i am so glad you like to read my blog... you ROCK!

Elizabeth said...

She is a sweet sweet miracle. I'm amazed at the strength of these little preemies and how they flourish.

Briony said...

such a great story and i love love love the pic!

Bethany said...

Stopping by from SITS. The little one is precious!! YOur blog design is sooooo cute!!!

Jen said...

Oh I love getting to know Sofie better. She really is a miracle.

Nicki said...

She's definitely a smart and special baby! And so cute, too!

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

what a precious little miracle she is! Isn't it amazing how quickly they grow, and how the time passes like sand through our fingers?

Have a great weekend!
Steph

Tabitha in Bliss said...

She's an Angel. Every photo I see of her I immediately think that. :)

Hey, go to my other blog www.afiveoh4uplifting.org and become a follower I have something cooking up on Monday for Cancer research.

Taking a page from your book :)

Jennifer said...

She's adorable. So glad you got your little miracle! Thanks for your kind words on my blog.

jenn said...

She is so precious.

Carrie said...

She's a miracle AND a little beauty!

Bre said...

What a precious little miracle she is!

Lindsay said...

I certainly love a sweet miracle birth story - and the stories what mom had to go through to get a precious little miracle.

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

beautiful!

Kasey said...

Is she not a doll or what!!!!
xoxo

lori said...

I just LOVE miracle baby stories...she's beautiful..and I'm praying for Cody's family...I can't imagine! oh goodness that's just so hard...

still, Sophie made me smile!

peace!
lori

Bee and Rose said...

The photo is stunning! Really captures the moment so beautifully!

What a wonderful story! You should write a children's book called Mr. Tree!