Sunday, November 30, 2008

10 kids curse

"mom, i kissed a boy tonight."
me: "really."
"yep. it was great."
me: "what made you decide to do that?"
"just did. it was fun."
me: "who did you kiss?"
"john."
me: "your cousin?"
"yep. i just leaned right over and kissed him."
me: "where did you kiss him?"
"like this." (followed by a kiss on the cheek).

yep...it's true. brooke kissed a boy...her second cousin, john, for pete's sake. hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come...i guess i need to ugly this girl up and teach her to keep her lips to herself a bit! boy, this is too much. i thought i only had to worry about the teen kissing the boys...and she doesn't!!! but, the 5 year old...oh my.

that's my brooke.

and, sadly, soooo me too. this is me and my cousin, kevin...throw back a few years...and kevin, btw, is john's dad.

this is one of those times where you hear your mom and dad laughing hysterically in the background saying, "isn't great to have kids?" it's the old "ten kids curse" (when ur yells, 'ur gonna have 10 kids that act just like u...and u get the curse) alive and well...ahhhhhh.
yep...i so did that!

16 comments:

Tricia said...

this made me giggle so much.and I needed it!! thanks :o)

Ashley Griffin said...

i am not looking forward to those days with my kids. made me laugh. you know they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

Kristin said...

My boys will never kiss anyone but me. That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Rebecca Jo said...

OK - we must be soul mates somehow... that's so funny you were putting up the same video - you also work with youth (We can survive ANYTHING if we work with youth - hehe!) & you're a fellow Hoosier... I love meeting new Blog Buddies.... I FOR SURE am coming back - love your posts!!!!

By the way - I had a "kissin' cousin" when I grew up - me & him always had to kiss when we'd see each other & the family would give their "aaaahh's" each time.... we refused to do it after we got around the age of 6-7... then boys had cooties!

DysFUNctional Mom said...

I got that curse too! I may not have 10 kids but they've thrown so much of my own tricks back at me, it's not even funny!

Star Forbis said...

I had "Kissing Cousins" myself! ;)

Thanks so much for visiting my Blog. I'm so happy it led me to your. Fun Blog. I'll be back.

Kel said...

hahaha - When I was a tiny little thing I was convinced I was going to marry my cousin Charles...yep, my family thought it was just as funny as can be. Thank goodness I eventually learned Boy have cooties!!
~K :)

Jen said...

like mother like daughter. that is just too cute.

Meaghan said...

that is hilarious!!! and i think she kissed jack and i'm sure she's kissed andre too. lil hooch

Melanieshea said...

THat is too funny. I have an 8 year old and we've had conversations like that.

Thanks for stopping by! Nice blog!

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

very cute!! I'm not near ready for this! I keep telling my daughters - boys are stinky!!

mrsmouthy said...

My mom STILL doesn't know I've kissed a boy--and I have a three-year-old son!

Solei said...

So, the saying really is true. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree now does it??? lol

Both my daughters know that boys have cooties. They are not allowed to go anywhere near them! So far it's working, but I don't think it will work much longer... Yikes!!!

Midwest Mommy said...

How funny is that!
I love the older picture...great.

Jennifer said...

Hilariously ironic!

Amber said...

All in the family, eh?!?!