Tuesday, September 15, 2009

bed time at the apollo

ok, i know we are weird...and that's okay with me, but for some reason ryan has always called bedtime at our house, "bedtime at the apollo".

it's not funny...but it's just what he does every night. and the kids, for some unknown reason, listen to it.
ryan is THAT dad who puts the kids to bed. he tells them a story each night, individually, that he makes up...which just makes me smile on the inside and out. he reads them a bible story or a book. then he prays with each girl...and he does this 3 times every night.
paige has gotten too old to get "put to bed" at night, but every night she still comes to our room and chats for 15-30 minutes. we sit on the bed and just catch up. i love that special time with the girls...but i am soooo glad that ryan, as a dad, a man, a lover of god, takes time for his girls to show them what a man is suppose to do for his children and family...present them with love.

love for god.
love for each other.
love for family.

so, i just wanted to say thanks to a great hubs for being a great dad...no real reason other than you are awesome...
is it bedtime at the apollo yet???

7 comments:

BoufMom9 said...

What a beautiful post and a wonderful tribute to such a good daddy :)

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Y'all are blessed with a wonderful daddy!

He & Me + 3 said...

That is so sweet. I love it too when my hubs is home to help with bed. It is not often because of his work schedule, but it is so precious when he is. The kids love it.

Frizzy said...

I've been doing a lot of thanking God for my sweet attentive husband too. He wouldn't miss Yaya's bedtime routine for all the money in the world. What little girls could be luckier than ours? Great post!

auntie said...

so wonderful!!

Elizabeth said...

What a great guy...you ladies are blessed to have him.

Allison E said...

So when I read this, I see so many traits that my dad had that Ryan learned from him. I am so proud of my dad, Ryan, and Jon for the fathers that they are. Does anyone wonder why I am still single? Being surrounded by such great men in my family - there is no way I am settling for less.