Friday, April 03, 2009

preschool sing

after jada's christmas program episode at church
{running and screaming "i want my mommy" from stage at the end of the first song}
we were obviously concerned about her fragile ego and game day plan for the preschool program this week.

i'm just gonna be honest, we did a little pregame psyching with chicken nuggets and fries. {listen, i eat my feelings...}

then a few pep talks with daddy and nana

and a little bribery of the chicken nugget variety for sofia to be still and semi quiet...she did still do a lot of growling...

she started off pensive...but jumped in with both feet and sang her heart out...she loved every second of it. {and note, she was not THAT kid. but in typical preschool fashion, there def was one there...poor dude.}
i'm not sure why it's so fun to see your kids singing in a silly little program from a stage, but it jsut really can do a lot for warming a heart that has some stuff going on. kids...well, i'm sure god jsut smiles so much at waht they do and say...and i do too.

19 comments:

Abby said...

Good job Jada!

D are you like me and you get all smiley and notice a happy tear is rolling down your face when you watch these shows? I just love them too!

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Oh, that is so cute! Those programs make me tear up every time, what IS it about theM??

Briony said...

so cute! sounds like she is ready for the next one :)

Elizabeth said...

Great job Jada!

amy said...

i don't know why, but i always end up a blubbering mess at these things. and i need like an entire box of kleenex because my mascara gets to running! it's a sad sight! :-)

glad jada did good. she looked super happy this time!

jenn said...

Go Jada! I can't wait until Shiloh starts doing little programs at her preschool. There's just something so sweet about kids programs.

He And Me + 3 said...

My kids are in theater and every time they get on that stage no matter how big or small their part is...I am beaming! Makes me so proud. She is adorable.
So glad all went well.

Bird, Frizzy and Yaya said...

I can't wait til Yaya's first performance. She loves to sing and dance. Those pics are priceless!

Alisha said...

I remember the Christmas shows we did in school, and it was SO exciting! I can't wait for my kids to do it!

Tabitha in Bliss said...

Way To Go Jada!!

blueviolet said...

Aren't those moments special? I just love them too!!! I'm so glad she got into it. :)

Meredith said...

Way to go Jada!!

I always get a lump in my throat when I watch the kids sing. I really don't know what it is... I think maybe it's the joy welling up.

Carrie said...

SOOOOOO adorable!

I can't wait to see Midget standing up singing her little heart out! She's such a little ham! haha

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

Too cute! I cannot wait to see my boys up there. You are right, it is amazing! I even feel proud of my students after a concert!

CC said...

Bring down the house Jada!

Megan said...

Woohoo! Go Jada!

So cute!!

Rebekah said...

Good deal for Jada.
My 4 yr old is usually outgoing. I was surprised at how shy she got at her school program. It was her first time in front of an audience- we have some 'pre-game' planning ideas for the next time

Jen said...

I bet you were just so proud! I can't wait until Hayden has some school programs.

Michelle said...

what great pics! and how proud you must be that she sang her heart out!