Wednesday, March 18, 2009

prez of the future

president obama came on tv this morn...
jada: "there he is."
me: "who is that, jada?"
jada: "dat man. momma, what's his name?"
me: "president obama."
jada: "why do you say 'besident'?"
me: "he is the president of the country we live in...the united states...so we call him 'president'."
jada: "oh. ok."

...pause...

jada: "when i get big like besidenta bobama, i gonna be the besidenta...and when i do, will you do my hair with big swirlies and pink ribbons and then we can look like strawberry shortcake and her friends and eat strawberries...and i could get pink hair too. momma, can i be besidenta?"
me: "yep...you can do anything you put your mind to...even be a pink haired president. worse things have happened."
the upside to jada being president...
snack time would be mandated
there would be a day dedicated to ice cream
women would get their hair done for free once a week, and with swirly, pink ribbons
we would hug instead of shake hands with foreign diplomats.
when countries were not getting along, there would be a time out place for them to both go to cool off.

and then, there might be a lot of whining too, but here's to hoping that she'll outgrow that part.

so beware of the pink haired candidate...you have been warned.
go visit angie for more wordful wednesday's!!

38 comments:

lmt1073 said...

She will definitely have my vote. Go Jada!!!

Lora said...

that's adorable! here's to our future besidenta :)

Kacey R. said...

Tell Besidenta Jada that she will have my vote. And I'll be sure to visit so maybe we can rework the White House into the Pink House. Now, THAT would be fitting. :D She has to have the house match the hair!

Amy said...

Too cute! Love the big dreams of little ones.

Jessica [Buggie Bows] said...

Love it! Pink strawberry shortcake hair would be awesome!

Briony said...

hahah so cute! she already has awesome goals...you go girl!

Kerri said...

She would make a wonderful president!

Alexandria said...

aww! Ok, she should definitely be president if those are her goals for my sister country (Im in Canada). Vote Jada!!

Dina said...

thats so funny, everytime my son sees obama he calls him his papa..im pretty sure we know who his daddy is (LOL) but he also says that obama gives him a lot of good ideas

Samantha said...

what a cutie! Free pink hairstyles! I'd totally vote for her!

Jen said...

Oh she is going to make the best president ever!

He And Me + 3 said...

I would totally vote for her just to hear her speeches...she is always cracking me up. Love that Jada!

Tabitha in Bliss said...

She will be the bestest besident ever!!! Too cute!!!!

amy said...

i love it!
that gal jada is a girl after my own heart...i mean a whole day dedicated to ice cream...pink swirly hair...lots of hugs.
yeah baby.
jada for besident.
that's what i'm talkin about!

The Eadle Family said...

Oh ... a day for ice cream ... you got my vote! :)

Meredith said...

Love it! She's got my vote!

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

AWESOME!!! Love this!

Jenni Jiggety said...

She's got my vote!

BoufMom9 said...

LOL Too funny. Kids certainly come up with interesting ideas...

Tracy said...

this post is wonderful - how great to have amazing opportunities to tell our kids that they can do ANYTHING. what a jewel she is!

Phoenix's Mom said...

I do see a president in the future! Can you put in a request for mandated Mommy nap time for me?
Angela

Carrie said...

Oh JK! You are so cute! And now I go to the next post before I say something I shouldn't about the current president...

Meaghan said...

that is awesome! i mean...the pic totally makes the whole thing! how in the world did you do that?!?!

Kel said...

oh so cute...DQ thought about being president once, but then she decided she wanted to be his wife - they have more fun! :) hahaha
~K

Liz (Loving Mom 2 Boys) said...

I think she sounds like the perfect president - she has my vote!!

Julie said...

That's hilarious! I love it! I'm all for a day dedicated to ice cream!

MuseSwings said...

Isn't it wonderful? Jada is going to Besidenta! I'll start campaigning now - I'm all for ice cream and diplomacy. And swirly pink ribbons. Perfect.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I'd vote for her as besidenta and would love the pink hair! She'd be rockin' it.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

She has my vote! But I want my hair to be purple, thanks.

PJ said...

Too precious!

Elizabeth said...

That Jada is too cute!

Christie-A Work In Progress said...

Love this! So cute!! Go Jada!

RamblingMother said...

A vote for Jada is a vote for pink swirly hair. Love it. She has my vote.

Renée aka Mekhismom said...

I love it! Jada, pink swirly hair and all.

Bee and Rose said...

Any little lady that loves pink swirly hair has my vote all the way!

pastorsgirl said...

How adorable is that?!?! I'm new to your blog, but I'm really loving it. Thank you!

Yaya said...

I can't believe she said that! haha! That is adorable!

Mamarazzi said...

she has my vote fo' shizzle!!